Sunday, January 8, 2012

Passport help??

OK, on my list for next week is to start the process to get Anna's US Passport. I really haven't looked into it at all and would welcome any help from those of you who have already done it. Where do I go to even start the process? I'm assuming I don't just go down to our local city hall or post office like for us. Do I need to contact the Russian consulate here in California? Thanks in advance. I know my fellow bloggers will be a wealth of information!!

5 comments:

Randy, Denise, Camden and Dasha Denson said...

We just finished our adoption, and they said that all you need to do is to take your Certificate of Citizenship to the post office, also take your adoption decree, and birth certificate, and fill out the application like normal, take it to your post office, and send it in.

Amy said...

I did Tatiana's and it was no big deal. You have to send Originals (not copies - which is stressful) of the adoption decree and russian birth certificate, the citizenship paper and if you have a US birth certificate too. Then just go to the post office like normal. It pays to expedite - because you have a tracking # and I am told it is essentially walked through the whole process. Worth the extra $$.

Also -- don't freak out if you get the passport 1 day and your forms back the NEXT day in separate mailing. I did and I panicked, until I read the letter enclosed. Everything else came back the next day.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You will need the Certificate of Citizenship and her birth certifcate. Take them to the USPS and there should be a place there to fill out the forms and get the picture taken. Everything is sent off, including your documents. Don't worry, it does all come back! Really an easy process.

Troy and Rachel said...

We had the pic taken in advance at CVS, then did ours at the circuit court for our county. Everything came back just fine in 2 separate mailings - we didn't expedite.

Corinne said...

We made an appointment with the post office so we did not have to wait. As said by others we had to send the originals documents with the application . Passport came in one envelope and a few days later we recieved the documents back as well.