I've been enjoying some holiday traditions these last few days. Last night Dylan and I walked up the street to "Christmas Tree Lane" - a street that started out years ago truly lighting up for the holidays and it has grown to several streets, families selling hot cocoa, popcorn, and tamales in their driveways. It was a nice night. I've been baking away and finished up tonight by icing the sugar cookies and decorating the gingerbread house (no Mom, it looks nothing like a house you would have done!.....we made a big mess and enjoyed ourselves) I had so been hoping that we would be travelling to Russia either during or shortly after the holidays so I've been really on top of my shopping and wrapping. But, I'm just realizing that I never took Dylan to see Santa! I can't let this be the first xmas with no Santa pic so off we will trek to a mall tomorrow(I'm thinking the less popular one....Dylan will look cute no matter where we go). I will also decorate my angel babies graves tomorrow......I can't seem to give that up. Today I even dusted off my flute and played Christmas songs, not too badly I might add! Dylan was impressed, but our cat HATED it! I'll guess the high-pitched sounds bothered him and try not to take it personally.
Our little girl should be home experiencing all this. I don't have any new news....we're still waiting for the passport office to finish up her paperwork. I'm not holding out much hope that it will be done before their holidays. Steve and I did head down to the police station to get new fingerprint ink cards so we can once again submit for our FBI clearances. They'll expire in 2 months and I'm being told its now taking between 6-8 weeks to process the clearances so I'll send them off now. Sometimes it seems like its going to be impossible to get everything we need together all at the same time, all current enough for the Russian courts! I see so many families getting thru court so I know it can be done. Oh, how I wish our little girl was with us! As always....hoping its not much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment